The congregation of Midmar have had to wait a long time to spend a penny in comfort.


In March 1950, The Aberdeenshire County Council replied to a letter from the Session Clerk, David Middleton, in which he asked for permission to build an outside lavatory in the church grounds.


The council suggested that he draw up plans and apply for permission to build on the church burial ground.


A subsequent letter from David Middleton of April 1950 explained that ‘the Kirk Session had decided not to proceed further in the matter meanwhile.’

So that was the end of the toilet!


55 long years elapsed until 2006, (we could hold it no longer!) when the Session and Board agreed to spend a guid few pennies to install the wonderful accessible toilet facilities that are now in place.