St Mary's Church, Kinnernie is located in Midmar Church's parish boundary and is approximately 2.8km ESE of Sauchen. It has ancient history as it was granted to Arbroath Abbey by Thomas de Lundyn in the early 13th Century. It is a rectangular shape of which only the foundations are visible. It is unknown as to whether the Church was demolished when it went into union with Midmar Old Kirk in 1740 or when the present Church of Midmar was built in 1787. We currently use the bell which was saved from St Mary's. There are two mortsafes and the graves are from about the 18th century onwards.